This course aims to provide a comprehensive introduction to the SAS analytic software for Windows. Through a mixture of lectures and in-class examples, quizzes, and take-home assignments, students will gain experience using the SAS system for data manipulation, management and analysis. You will also expect A LOT of extracurricular learning materials for self-pace learning, treat it as a BONUS! Emphasis will be placed on the skills and techniques necessary for efficient data manipulation, management and analysis. It is designed for students with little to no background with SAS, and an understanding of the basic statistical concepts. This will be an excellent choice for your first SAS introduction course for your data analysis career.
I am sure you will like the assignments!
WHAT DO I EXPECT?
- A comprehensive course design from SAS basics to statistical analysis
- Many in-class examples, exercises and take-home assignment
- Master various techniques for data importing
- Solid understanding of variable attributes, and learn various character/numeric functions
- IF-THEN/ELSE statements
- Do loop and counter variables
- Master DATA step with Concatenation, Merge, etc.
- Exposed to several useful PROC step (PRINT, SORT, TRANSPOSE, etc.).
- Descriptive statistics procedures (MEANS, UNIVARIATE, FREQ)
- Hypothesis testing (UNIVARIATE, TTEST, ANOVA)
- Correlations (CORR)
- Regression (REG)
PREREQUISITE COURSES AND KNOWLEDGE:
- No SAS background required;
- Basic knowledge of statistics is preferred.
I have been working with SAS for over 7 years since 2010. Having been exposed to the academic, financial, and clinical environment, my SAS experience and knowledge was greatly broadened and versatile. To better promote my career, I became a certified SAS programmer, and am holding 3 certifications so far: SAS Base, SAS Advance, and SAS Clinical Trial.
In order to transfer my knowledge and expertise in SAS, and help people learn SAS better, I would like to create several courses at various levels, with different focuses tailored to fit everyone's need. I have been trying my best to provide excellent courses to the best of my knowledge. I sincerely hope you will like it, and find it useful.
Check out my personal website JSTARTS.COM and my social media . I will publish free tutorial video and articles there on a regular basis.
I will write a bit more about myself, in case you are interested and find it useful:
I used to work in a university environmental lab for a few years to collect experimental data and to provide statistical support to other master and PhD students. I then became a data analyst in an online bidding company to create models for database mining and target marketing, and worked there for only one year. Now I am working for one of the biggest CRO (Contract Research Organization) in the world with my SAS Clinical expertise, and have been transfered into a Biostatistician.